Monday, April 20, 2015

PROGRAMA DE ESPAÑOL

The highlight of my month of April has been meeting with an Engineering Post-grad at the University of Cuenca named Carlos. We've been taking turns teaching one another Spanish and English. Carlos has been a great help assisting me with my pronunciation.
Patricia, at the University of Cuenca, set me up with Carlos and we've been meeting 3 times a week. I've recently been assigned another University of Cuenca "tandem" and her name is Erika. We meet 2 afternoons a week. The idea is that we are teaching one another in tandem, so that we have a win win learning relationship. Below is a photo of Erika:

I paid a $30 administrative fee to sign up with the program. One on one Spanish tutoring works much better for me than working in groups, because my Spanish is much more advanced than most expats in Cuenca. Below is a photo of the Languages building at the University of Cuenca:

And next is a photo of the University of Cuenca campus itself. The last photograph was taken leaving the campus and walking up steps to El Centro, the historical part of Cuenca.

That's all for now, and I'll be posting again soon. Thank you for taking the time to view my latest blog update!

4 comments:

  1. I this in Ecuador? looks like a culturally fun place to be.

    Stephen Tremp
    A-Z Co-host
    Q is for Quantum Mechanics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, Stephen! Yes, Cuenca is in the Southern Andes of Ecuador!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous photos. And your command of language impresses me. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Darla! It's great to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete